More and more adults are turning to orthodontic treatment to improve their smiles, and with so many options available there’s no need to feel self-conscious about having a mouth full of metal during treatment. Blyton Dental offers two types of short-term orthodontic treatment: clear ceramic braces and invisible braces. Read on to find out which might be right for you.
What are clear ceramic braces?
Clear ceramic braces work the same way as traditional fixed braces – the difference is that the brackets and archwires are transparent or coloured to blend in with your teeth, making them far less conspicuous. One type of short-term orthodontic treatment that uses clear braces is Six Month Smiles, which focuses only on straightening the teeth that show when you smile. Six Month Smiles will not alter your bite, but it can be used to fix a range of mild-to-moderate orthodontic issues, including:
· Unwanted gaps between teeth.
· Crooked teeth.
· Misplaced midline.
As the name suggests, the average treatment time is about six months, depending on the amount of correction needed.
Advantages of Six Month Smiles
Benefits of opting for short-term clear brace treatments include:
· Subtle – Clear braces are more discreet than traditional metal braces.
· Fast - Treatment time is quicker than both traditional braces and invisible braces.
· Convenient - Fewer dental visits are required during the treatment process than with traditional or removable braces.
· Affordable – Short-term brace treatments are more affordable than comprehensive orthodontic treatments.
What are invisible braces?
Invisible brace treatments consist of a series of removable clear plastic aligners (trays) that are custom made to fit over your teeth. You wear the aligners for 22 hours a day, taking them out to eat, drink, and clean teeth as normal. Every two weeks, you exchange your aligners for a new set, which gradually shifts teeth into their desired position. At Blyton, we offer several types of invisible brace treatments, including Invisalign and Inman Aligners. Invisible braces can commonly treat:
· Crowded teeth.
· Gapped teeth.
· Overbite/underbite/open bite.
The average treatment time for invisible braces is 9-18 months, depending on the severity of the issue.
Advantages of Invisalign/Inman Aligner
Benefits of opting for invisible brace treatments include:
· Extremely discreet – as the name suggests, the aligners are almost invisible.
· Removable – patients can remove the aligners for up to two hours a day, which makes cleaning teeth much easier than with fixed braces and means that there are no food restrictions during treatment.
· Comfortable – the aligners are made of smooth material and there are no wires or brackets that might irritate the inside of your mouth.
· Predictable results – Blyton Dental’s iTero digital scanner can show you what your teeth will look like once they are straightened before you even begin treatment.
Your dentist here at Blyton will be able to advise you on which type of orthodontic treatment is best for you. To book a free consultation, contact one of our helpful team members today.